Papers describing PyCBC Methods and Algorithms
- PyCBC Inference: A Python-based parameter estimation toolkit for compact binary coalescence signals. Free preprint at arxiv:1807.10312
- PyCBC Live: Rapid Detection of Gravitational Waves from Compact Binary Mergers. Phys. Rev. D 98, 024050 (2018). Free preprint at arxiv:1805.11174
- Designing a template bank to observe compact binary coalescences in Advanced LIGO’s second observing run. Free prerint at arXiv:1705.01845
- Distinguishing short duration noise transients in LIGO data to improve the PyCBC search for gravitational waves from high mass binary black hole mergers. Free prerint at arXiv:1709.08974
- Detecting binary compact-object mergers with gravitational waves: Understanding and Improving the sensitivity of the PyCBC search. Open-access article at Ap. J. 849 118 (2017)
- The PyCBC search for gravitational waves from compact binary coalescence. [Class. Quant. Grav. 33, 215004 (2016)] (http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0264-9381/33/21/215004/meta;jsessionid=287B432D6C1C3583375F20A3C7EE6DD8.ip-10-40-1-105). Free preprint at arXiv:1508.02357
- FINDCHIRP: An algorithm for detection of gravitational waves from inspiraling compact binaries. Open access article at Phys. Rev. D 85, 122006 (2012)
- A chi-squared time-frequency discriminator for gravitational wave detection. Phys. Rev. D 71, 062001 (2005). Free preprint at gr-qc/0405045
Other astrophysics publications using PyCBC
In the News
- Python Scientific Use Cases, November 2017, datacamp.com
- Why we should give credit to code creators, March 2017, Physics World.
- High throughput computing helps LIGO confirm Einstein’s last unproven theory, March 9, 2016, Phys.org.
- XSEDE Resources Help Confirm LIGO Discovery, NSF Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment.
- OSG helps LIGO scientists confirm Einstein’s unproven theory, OSG press release.
- Science Powerhouses Unite to Help Search for Gravitational Waves, December 3, 2016, TACC press release.
- LIGO and OSG launch multi-messenger astronomy era, Monday, October 16th, 2017, UCSD press release.